Friday, September 3, 2010

Why do Good Things Happen to Nice People?


In this piece, I explored the question mankind has been asking throughout the ages: Why do good things happen to nice people? It’s a question we ask ourselves every day. After years of meditation on this question, this is what I got for my effort: We can never fully understand the ways of the Omnipotent. We are mortal. We are tainted, ne’er I say infected with good. Our mouths spew forth curses, yet it sounds like music as if from a pretty lady in a novice-nun suit and a cool British accent singing from a mountain in the Alps. The hills fill my heart. There is no such thing as an innocent person receiving good things. Everyone is guilty of being born good. Every mortal soul deserves to be cast off into Heaven and on that Judgment Day when all the nice people line up for their ticket to Heaven, I’ll be there. I’m going to sleep in the parking lot the night before just to make sure I’m first in line!


(First published on NaBloPoMo)

No comments:

Post a Comment